The stir-fried tofu above is the finished dish I made with my grandmother in Taiwan! This stir-fried tofu skin dish is VEGETARIAN, VEGAN, and GLUTEN-FREE for those with food restrictions! It goes especially well with rice but can also be eaten with noodles and bread!
- Tofu skin
- Soy sauce
- Oil (sunflower seeds oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Black pepper
- Mirin (sweet sake)
- Liquid dashi sauce
- Dice each separately: shallots, garlic, and scallion
- Pour some oil, soy sauce, liquid dashi sauce (pour the most for this one), sugar, black pepper, and mirin (sweet sake) into a bowl, stir well, and then pour into a pan
- With the sauce made in step 2, pan-fry the shallots, garlic, and scallions in the sauce until the shallots are cooked but not burnt (a little brown)
- Put the tofu skin slices into the pan with everything else and pan fry until it is well done!
Try cooking this easy 15 minute, SUPER fragrant dish on a busy school night if you’re low on time!